With tons of fun first comes some work, and we need lots of hands!
Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Call (614-555-1212) Someone Helpful to volunteer. We could use your support in any of the following ways, whether you sign-up or encourage others to contribute:
- Read Aloud Guests: Sign-up to for one (or more!) of our 60 total read aloud sessions over the course of School. We need daily read aloud guests for our opening Harambee session Monday through Friday from 8:30-9:00 am at either Broad St. UMC (K-5) or Asbury North UMC (6-12). To inspire their personal growth, Scholars will also have this opportunity to ask you about your career, your civic engagement, and/or your journey through life.
- Breakfast Helpers: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and we need extra hands to set up, serve, and make certain our Scholars start their day off right! 2 Breakfast Helpers are needed Monday through Friday from 7:30-8:30 am at each site.
- Morning Helpers: Our excellent School teachers are in need of extra grown up hands and hearts during the morning reading curriculum. We are in need of 3 helpers per site from 8:45 am-12:00 pm to be additional adult support during our literacy development.
- Lunch Helpers: We can’t get through the day without lunch! As with Breakfast, 2 Lunch Helpers per site are needed Monday through Friday from 11:30 am-12:30 pm to help set up and serve.
- Afternoon Helpers: We have tons of fun in the afternoons, but our breakout sessions could benefit from the support of additional adult volunteers with our small groups. We are in need of 3 helpers per site from 12:45-3:30 pm.
- Donate Plants: Our Broad St. UMC Freedom School garden is in need of plants! Please contact our Church Administrator Deb Brierly at email@example.com or 614.221.4571 x101.
- Donate Funds!: We are always in need of funds for field trips, craft supplies, and the general budget. Please consider making a donation to Broad St. UMC with the memo of ‘Freedom School.’
- Donate Supplies!: Summer program means lots and lots and lots of crafts. If you have craft supplies to donate or are interested in donating craft supplies please contact Someone Helpful or the church office.
- Share Your Ideas: Is there a way that you would like to contribute to Freedom Schools that we haven’t requested? Let us know! Contact Project Director Someone Helpful at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-555-1212.