The People of BSUMC
Broad Street UMC is a diverse community of all ages, races, sexual orientations, family configurations, and economic abilities. It includes mentally ill adults/children, homeless families/adults, and guests from out-of-town and off-the-street. Persons travel from six counties in the metropolitan area to be involved at Broad Street where faith is put into action.
Who We Are
Broad Street United Methodist Church, founded in 1875, is centrally located in downtown Columbus in the “Discovery District,” a neighborhood with a mixture of large and small corporations, 4 college campuses, and many cultural institutions. Broad Street UMC is “The Church in the heart of the city with the city in its heart!” The congregation bears witness in word, faith, and action to the good news of Christ. Beginning with worship in the sanctuary, through the “Wayside Pulpit” at the corner of Broad and Washington, and in each life of every one related to Broad Street UMC, the message of God’s transforming love goes into the world.
We Grow Inwardly & Spiritually Through . .
- Lively, diverse, interpersonal yet traditional worship
- The creative arts – music, visual, and dramatic expression
- Diverse youth and children’s ministry
- SpiritSparks Christian education for children, youth, and adults
- Becoming Disciples through Bible Study
- United Methodist Women’s fellowship
- Caring support of the ill and shut-in
- Breath-taking historic architecture
- The Central Ohio School of Servant Leadership
- Health and wellness activities
- Dinners for Eight home fellowship groups
- The Lamb of God Anglican Church
- Daily prayer ministry
- Grief support and recovery groups
- Home devotional tools, and
- The Walk to Emmaus spiritual renewal retreats